First time build - accepting opinions and other helpful info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that these new cpus do have the potential to overclock like beasts , BUT intel limited their overclockability and only allowed the "extreme" versions the unlocked multiplier.

In all honesty, get a e8400 if you plan to overclock, its slightly slower when not OC'd but its a hella lot cheaper.

thanks vernog, i will probably go ahead and get a p35 set when i see a good deal on one.

i just bought 2 x 1gb sticks of corsair (TWIN2X2048-6400C4). it will be $40 AR. do the p35 chipsets require me to have the same amount of ram in each slot or can i add 2gb sticks in there also?

how is that board in terms of eventually upgrading to a 45nm, tho? how would this handle a 45nm, 8800gt, and 4x1gb of ddr2, once i eventually get those? or would it matter since i could probably get a new mobo for the amount i would be saving by getting the Abit IP35-E now for several months?

The Abit Ip35-E is one of the best budget overclocking boards there is. People say that the dual-boot at start-up is annoying but other than that it is a great board and yes the money you could save after the MIR would prepare you for future 45nm chips.

i can get the e8400 for $190 from microcenter right now. how does this sound with the abit ip35e board?

edit: nevermind, the product is unavailable it says. i could get it for $202 shipped after google checkout at buy.com but they're so sketchy.

whats wrong with Buy.com?

also don't double post, edit your first oen

i tried but it said my post was too short for some reason.

customer service isn't that great. but i just checked and it's out of stock. it's even out of stock at new egg. what's the deal with this chip not being available anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom