Motherboard limiting overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Alright, so I was wondering if my motherboard is limiting my 3600+ Brisbane overclock, I can't seem to get over 2.96 and have it stable, I've even tried bumbing voltages to 1.51 [I was watching temps very closely, of course]

Or is it more likely to the CPU itself?

And what good is the North Bridge voltage? I could use some schooling on that one.

Thats a good clock on it. Don't expect that much more out of it. NB voltage comes in handy when your working w/ high fsb or in your case HTT frequency. Also if you haven't already, check your HTT multi. Try changing it to 3x keeping it 1000 or under.

Woot for bringing back an old thread.

Alright, decided to give the 3Ghz another try.. no such luck.. I don't know why I said 2.6 above, actually its anything above 2.4 is unstable, unless I crack my window and lower the temps in my room.. I tried NB voltages, no help. And I know 2.9 is a great overclock, but come on, I'm amongst other Overclockers here, I like to push it. Anyways, does anybody have any ideas? Maybe I just need a new cooler? I mean, if its stable with lower ambient temps, right?

a better cooler can gain you another 40-90 mhz. Is it worth it to you? Brisbanes top out around 2.9 anyways. You'll see a few people w/ 3.1. Also what is you ram clocked at? Have you tried underclocking your ram and just overclocking your cpu by itself. That way you know its the cpu. Plus a good board would help. My old asus a8n32 sli hit fsb 315. that was the highest I could get it to go. Could be fsb wall on your mb. You should check if it is by lowering your cpu multi all the way and underclocking your ram and upping the fsb till it doesn't boot. Then add some v to teh NB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom