32-bit or 64-bit vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wont make a difference. With those specs you will bearly be able to run Assassin's Creed.

But for other games it should be alright. Have to remember not all games are 64 Bit compatible. So in that aspect you would be better off with 32 Bit as that is what games are all coded for anyways.

but it seems like 32bit would run on 64 bit wouldnt it? because 32 bit is older and 64 is newer does that mean that theres some major difference in coding between 32 and 64?

ive got 64 and 32 (ultimate) and I plan on using my 64 to harness the extra ram (have 4 gigs but windows only recognizes 3.3) ill c how it works and report back

ive got 64 and 32 (ultimate) and I plan on using my 64 to harness the extra ram (have 4 gigs but windows only recognizes 3.3) ill c how it works and report back

that'd be great! I need to know how 4GB runs on 64 bit vista. Do you have any trouble with any software? or does it utilize all software fine?

but it seems like 32bit would run on 64 bit wouldnt it? because 32 bit is older and 64 is newer does that mean that theres some major difference in coding between 32 and 64?
32 Bit runs on 64 Bit chips just fine. There is coding differences but none that affects it so much that you can not run 32 bit ona 64 Bit chip.
that'd be great! I need to know how 4GB runs on 64 bit vista. Do you have any trouble with any software? or does it utilize all software fine?

Vista 64 Bit can run up to 128GB of RAM. Limited only by your motherboard. So it will run fantastic. That is not up to dispute. Going by your current specs and what you plan on using it for 32 Bit will be more for you. Currently you have 2GB.. Plenty to make 32 Bit work great. You plan on testing games. Another reason why 32 Bit will work for you great.

If you are seriously thinking 64 Bit then just glance thru the Windows forums and see how many people talk of game errors trying to install on 64 Bit. It is cause the games are not made for 64 Bit. Hence why i stated you should use 32 Bit. If you are seriously considering 64 Bit then you better make sure all teh games you iwsh to test can run on 64 Bit or your adventure will be short lived since you will be here often trying to figure out why your games wont install.;)

Dont listen to the critics who claim a severe reduction in FPS with vista, ive been playing supcom with my new system and its fine. Vista needs ram, and once it gets 4 gigs (gonna try the 4g on 64 today!) it purs. A word of warning however, get ddr2. there seem to be some probs with ddr1 and vista.

I just formatted my 32bit vista ultimate and installed 64bit vista ultimate and got 4 gigs of ram last week. It works flawlessly

Recent experience shows me that vista 32 bit with 4 gigs of ram ran no different than 2 gigs of ram. It kinda felt slower but I think that may have been in my head. Swapped to 64bit OS and it's lightening fast.

Any new games or any games that have been released in the last couple years should have no problem what-so-ever running on vista 64. I've run into no compatability issues yet, and I have lots of games XD

-If you're getting 4GB ram theres no reason to not get 64bit vista, especially if you're dual booting.
-If you're staying with 2GB but plan on going to 4 sometime in the future, I'd say get the 64bit vista, OR at least make sure you partition the 32 bit seperately so you can upgrade the OS easily later. I didn't what a headache haha.
-If you won't upgrade to 4GB then just get the 32bit OS.

But vista 64 with 4 gigs of ram runs as fast as XP ever has. Just takes twice the ram >.>. I'm impressed, and glad I got 4gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom