45 nm quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt get your hopes up too much. They plan for q4 2008, which at best is october, but with most new architecture problems arise, just look at the 45nm quads, they are just a die shrink and optimization and are already over a month overdue. If AMD is any indication, native quadcores have yield issues, hopefully though Intel doesnt have the same issues AMD has had. Realistically i would probably be on nehalem actually hitting the market around february or march next year, and the affordable chips another 3 months after that.

I wouldnt get your hopes up too much. They plan for q4 2008, which at best is october, but with most new architecture problems arise, just look at the 45nm quads, they are just a die shrink and optimization and are already over a month overdue. If AMD is any indication, native quadcores have yield issues, hopefully though Intel doesnt have the same issues AMD has had. Realistically i would probably be on nehalem actually hitting the market around february or march next year, and the affordable chips another 3 months after that.

Guess i'll have to go with the Q6600, this is such bullcrap ;)

they have hyper transport bus speeds dont they? i probably wont upgrade my cpu for a very logn time i think itl be awhile before quad even becomes nesacery and once it does my cpu will arise from the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom