Challenge for Excel Gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_topology

In Runtime
It's been awhile since I've used Excel, so I'm a bit rusty, but what I want to do is this:
1. Generate a Mileage Log.
2. Have it so I don't have to keep over it at all times. Rather, just input my beginning mileage and have it auto-calculate (using AutoSum?) to the end of the month, without me having to check my odometer every day.
3. There are esentially 4 or 5 places I travel, generally less than 6 miles roundtrip (across town). Can I assign values to these particular places? Probably not, since this is Excel, not Access.
*Note: It will not matter whether I input "imaginary" numbers to begin with. :p

Should I elaborate more? Or is this enough to at least work with?

star_topology said:
2. Have it so I don't have to keep over it at all times. Rather, just input my beginning mileage and have it auto-calculate (using AutoSum?) to the end of the month, without me having to check my odometer every day.
3. There are esentially 4 or 5 places I travel, generally less than 6 miles roundtrip (across town). Can I assign values to these particular places? Probably not, since this is Excel, not Access.

For #2, could you give me an example including theorical input/output?

#3: You could have reserved cells containing the data you want to use. When you want to use them, just input the cell address.

What both of you are saying is what I want. But for further elaboration, I attached a screen cap of a mileage log that I just made up, no formulae as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom