q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a 1 time upgrade offer.

If i recall its only for the a1 edition, and i think they might have extended it to the LT but i havent checked on it lately. I decided it wasnt worth being without a computer for a week, and having to pay around 125 after all shipping costs are factored in. If my 680i burns again, im just going to buy a striker formula 2 and sell the rma'd 680i.

k... idk wat bios i am running on.

Im not sure what VID is on a CPU...

IDK how 1500 will help if its not stable at 1400 lol, but if u say so...

:/ I am not satisfied with 2.85 Overclock when you guys get to 3.2 - 3.8 with ease :(

So what should i try first? (zerodayatk, u gotta come over again soon, lol)

You can find the VID of your processor using core temp.

But the VID in your case is less important than the motherboard.

In the end, the cpu may just be a bad overclocker, but you won't know unless you trying overclock on another motherboard.

So I would just reccomend saving up for a nice X38 or X48 board.

can u still do it? cuz i would love to get a 780i

If you registered your board, just go to the my products page on Evga.com and check. It should have an option on your board to enter the queue. Last i heard though its a pretty long wait. It started dec 17 and would run for 60 days, so you should have a couple days left still to get in.

The reason i changed my mind, its 80$ for the upgrade + shipping both ways, and they dont cross ship, so you have to ship the old board then wait for the new one.

Ill be saving up for a 24" and maybe when i get some more monies ill see....

But in the meantime is there anything i can do with this to overclock it to at least 3.0? its at 2.8 perfectly stable -_- id be happy with .2 more at least

Have you tried 8 X 375 for a FSB of 1500..
Or 8 X 400 for 3.2 Ghz. But that would push your FSb to 1.6 Ghz, and from what I have seen in this thread, your mobo would probably not manage.

well i tried the 8x (idk about that number 375) and fsb of 1500 and all the voltages except the spp because mine only goes up to 1.5... not 1.6 like mgcook suggested and set my cpu voltage to 1.21v and it got to the part that showed my bios verison (which says it is A1 but in cpu it says A2 -_-) and my ghz, which was 2.99 but it would not go any farther then that after a mintue of waiting.... So im going to assume that those settings of 8x and the rest dont work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom