New Pc Gaming Rig....Need HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerneeder

Baseband Member
arite i got some money and im lookn to buy a new computer ive been lookin on bestbuy.com and circuit city and all that but im not sure if thats the way to go ive never built a computer before but Im thinkin about possibly doing that

basically im lookn for some help from some true gamers on what kinda rig I should get...help me out so I can pwn right along with you lol...

anywaysss first of all i was wondering if any1 has experience buying a computer from

ibuypower.com, vigorgaming.com, or cyberpowerpc.com and can give me some feedback on those sites

second of all i was wondering if anybody could give me some specs for a comp that will play video games well

3rd of all how does this deal look to you experts lol?

IBuyPower Computer :: Intel Core 2 Duo Configurator

Shucks, I tryed the IBuyPower thing and my bill came up to $9,888.00. Looks like I m sticking to building. Atleast then I have a chance of paying back for the cost.

Yeah I always see the higest I could go. Crazy cause I've gone up to 97,000$ before on one of those sites.

You will come out better building your own. Some places won't install what you ordered, plus you will have the knowledge to be able to replace anything that you decide to upgrade later on.

Building is not hard at all. Putting together a model car is way harder than building a computer. There are loads of tutorials, videas, and we'r here to hold your hand all the way through.

I agree with Trotter 100%, its better to know your computer inside and out. Plus, its fun.

We need to know what your pricerange is before we make any real suggestions. We also need to know if you have a copy of an operating system for you to install on your new computer. Also it would help to tell us if you plan on using any parts you already have(like harddrives, cd/dvdrom drives, or your power supply)

Building the computer by yourself is always an option, but if you don't know how to do it properly you could potentionally end up damaging an expensive part. Even though its not that hard to build yourself, if you don't feel comfortable building it I would definately suggest using a site like ibuypower or cyberpowerpc. I also suggest not to buy a computer at a retail store like bestbuy, futureshop, etc. They are often much more expensive then they should be.

I would suggest getting a E8400, or a Q6600 as your processor. And the 8800GT for your video card. You can build a computer with those parts, as well as a harddrive, 2gb memory, mouse/keyboard/speakers/dvdcddrive, for around 875 on cyberpowerpc. If you don't have an operating system it will cost like 90$ more but its still a good deal.

haha, that ibuypower place let me choose...
2x 8800 ultras
with a maximus formula x38 board. haha. retards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom