Msi k9a2 platinum good/bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiritai

Solid State Member
I have an option to buy this relatively inexpensively for 150 usd, but I am not aware of the particulars of this board. Does anyone have any experience with this and would you recommend this?

Often I think a low price means low performance or trouble, so I am wary here.

Little background, my previous and first build was in 04 and at that point AMD was the one to go with. I am using an Msi k8n neo right now. I have had no trouble with it, but I am not experienced in Overclocking. I only mildly oc'ed my 3200+ athlon 64 to 2.4gh running stable. It has served me well for years, but it is time to notch up.

I now have an interest to learn more about oc'ing with my new build, but have vaguely heard it mentioned that Msi is not good for this generally. Again your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This board is what apok used in his Phenom build. yes this is a great board. i'd recomend the 5000+ black edition to go with this board unless you wana go phenom right now and you got the cash.

This board is what apok used in his Phenom build. yes this is a great board. i'd recomend the 5000+ black edition to go with this board unless you wana go phenom right now and you got the cash.

same for me as well. We aware though, 2 of the PCI-E 2.0 slots (dark blue) have x16 lanes, the light blue slots r PCI-E 2.0 x8.

i like the mobo, just dont download the dual-core optimizer from the MSI CD, because as soon as u OC to a certain point, an alarm so loud like no other goes off n u cant shut it off unless u close the dual-core optimizer program.

right now, there r 2 versions, one that comes with 2 eSATA ports, n one that doesnt - that is v2. Plus, both have differ accessories. My accessories r the ones from v2 only because i got one early.

MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

Hey thanks for replying, I am going to snap it up then. My gaming buddy bought it, then switched to intel as he is dating a lady who works for intel here in Phoenix. This lass gave him a free (relative!) intel proc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom