Pleas help me overclock my 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
My AMD 64bit 3200+ is bottlenecking my 8800GT superclocked (only score 5242 on 3dmark 06) the cpu is ony at 2.01ghz(says 2.01 ghz in system properties), wondering if i can bump it up a little so my video card can be unleashed a little more. Right now i am using stock cooling, but my temp is only 33c idle and about 45c on load. So, just go into bios and change the mhz to what? plz help walk me through this, thanks guys!

Specs:
KN8 SLI
EVGA 8800GT Superclocked
AMD64bit 3200+ (2.01ghz)
2GB RAM- 1gb Ultra, 1gb generic

Go into bio's and bump up your FSB by increments of 50 and then boot into windows and run orthos and memtest or prime95 and let them run for a while and when they become unstable meaning they close and your windows crashes then its time to reboot and go into bios and up the voltage and reset the FSB to what you had before after you reset your CMOS

multiplier is locked, used NTUNE to change FSB, got blue screen at 2.16ghz. started at 2ghz, im at 2.1ghz stable right now. Think i will get more fps at 2,1? lol

will bios let me get it higher without getting the blue screen? at 2.1 stable, it crashed at 2.16 with ntune. think i can get 2.2 with bios? my temps were very cool. 33c idle, 44 load.

ok, got blue screen after unloading crysis at 2.15, so it seems i am stable at 2.1
is there any way i can go higher without getting the blue screen and crashing? heat is not an issue, multiplyer stops at 10. how can i clock higher!? thanks guys

You'll have to mess with ram Timings and voltages. this can be potentially dangerous when messing with ram voltages.

gurusan and some of our other OC masters can explain/ link to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom