q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
im using those and im settin at 3.0 on my 680i(i dont really need it to go faster), get the p30 bios. im at around 1.2XXv temps a lil higher then i like it but thats because i still have the stock fan in my tuniq and just keep it off cuz its LOUD

i had a tuniq and my temps were never above 55* Loaded in Prime at 3.2Ghz

9 hours Prime stable:
32ghzstable.jpg

I will try this as soon as i get home.

Btw... shouldnt ALL 680i mobos support quadcore overclocking?

If it is a 680i, not a LT... it should support it right? :confused:

it does..but the newer BIOS have more support for it. if you need help flashing your BIOS to a new version I can help if you need me to.

i had a tuniq and my temps were never above 55* Loaded in Prime at 3.2Ghz

9 hours Prime stable:

mine get just below 60 but like i said i have the fan turned off untill i get modivated enough to open up my case and replace the fan...

me too... omg am i suppoused to buy an aftermarket fan for my aftermarket cooler? lol i didnt know the tuniq needed one i thought the one in it was fine.

you dont have to, its just the stock one is really loud

also for a true you would have to buy a fan also

THIS MIGHT BE A BAD PICTURE! WARNING!

comp004.jpg

wtf!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, i just looked on my mobo box as i was putting it in the basement.... WTF... No check mark next to overclocking of teh quad core??????

O-M-****ING-GOD

p.s. im still gonna do it... though, lol i dont belive in that... its just funny that they have it on the box... LOL

postive... thats my box... hence the picture...

How in the **** was i suppoused to know that the 680i that i bought doesnt support quad core overclocking?

Does that even mean anything though? cause im gonna keep trying to overclock anyways ...

if i remember right the se was made for dual core cpus, thats the reason i didnt get it.

try putting the a1 bios on it... but make sure you back up your current bois with a cd b4...

oh and jw why did u get the se version????

cause i had no idea what the diffrence between the se and the regular 680i was....

Actually i remember askign this same exact question when i decided to pick out parts for my new rig and i got back the answer that "that mobo is fine"

I'm reading up on it a little bit and i'm more then a little ****ed off -_- I'm guessing this is what my problem is as far as OCing.....

And about putting a1 on it -_- i really dont want to flash my bios, but i'll do it if it will help.... just not right now

eh, ya, ill sell you buy 680i a1 if you want one, i thought i was gonna sli but decided not to...

if ur intrested pm me

sorry, but if i decide to get rid of this mobo im either going 780i straight away or im going for a p30 or something that supports sli..

But PREFERABLY i would like to not put out money since im trying to save up for my 24"...

and the fact is, i dont NEED to overclock above 2.84, i WANT to...

this SE thing makes me really angry... How can something with the name "SPECIAL EDITION" be less then something that is just regular?????? ROFL

p.s. ill be contacting evga because i should be able to step up this but on the product site it doesnt give me an option.. I can always sell it and rub it in there faces and go XFX ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom