Buyin New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerneeder

Baseband Member
hey wassup guys im buyin a new computer here in the next few weeks...i needa better computer for my existing world of warcraft account plus with starcraft 2 and a host of other games i want to play like unreal tournament 3, crysis, fury, and universe at war.......I NEEDA NEW COMP!! I have up to 1000 dollars to spend, but im hoping to get somewhere in the 500 to 800 dollar price range. Please help me out figuring out what to do.

I plan on going to microcenter also to see what they have but for now my friend picked out this list for me...

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...?WishListNumber=7709046&WishListTitle=matthew

and I found this on cyberpowerpc.com...

Mega Special III

Understand that most of us wouldn't recommend gaming on vista yet which would save you a lot of money...vista i the difference between a very powerful card such as an 8800GT compared to the mediocre 8600gt and it's weaker 8500GT brother.

The parts your friend picked out are okay but they don't let you truly overclock the allendale picked out to it's fullest. Trust us when we say overclock becuase now-days its completely safe.

Here's what I suggest off the top of my head

Case: Centurion 523
Video Card: 8800GT 512
CPU: E4500
Mobo: P35 DS3L
PSU: Rosewill RP500
RAM: 2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix

Add the size of hard drive you want and your choice of optical drive

Understand that most of us wouldn't recommend gaming on vista yet which would save you a lot of money...vista i the difference between a very powerful card such as an 8800GT compared to the mediocre 8600gt and it's weaker 8500GT brother.

The parts your friend picked out are okay but they don't let you truly overclock the allendale picked out to it's fullest. Trust us when we say overclock becuase now-days its completely safe.

Here's what I suggest off the top of my head

Case: Centurion 523
Video Card: 8800GT 512
CPU: E4500
Mobo: P35 DS3L
PSU: Rosewill RP500
RAM: 2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix

Add the size of hard drive you want and your choice of optical drive

yea ive heard about people not wanting to game on vista but whats the problem? vistas the new thing out right shouldnt it be the best for g aming i mean wouldnt u want the new best working updated thing rather than XP which is kinda gettin outdated? is there problems with vista i thought i heard there were some minor problems but as far as i understand it still works but i dont know that much lol so yea....

umm how much would those parts u put down there up to cost to? if it stays under a 1000 i think i might go with what your sayin if it works ill have to check out the parts im gonna search them now

i duno about overclocking i dont have that much expereience with computers so i dont want to mess something up....but if it works it works i guess....ummm yea thx for your input though i need lots of help all the help i can get lol im a computer hardware NOOOOOOOBBBBB

Don't worry about being a Noob...the guys here will fix you up with a nice rig to fit your budget....they can ansewer all your questions and building it will be fun....it is not hard at all.

Believe me...you will be glad you did.

Don't worry about being a Noob...the guys here will fix you up with a nice rig to fit your budget....they can ansewer all your questions and building it will be fun....it is not hard at all.

Believe me...you will be glad you did.

yea thx thats why I came to this site lol i realized right away looking at forums that people were "noob friendly" lol i mean i dont know too much about computers but hopefully someday I will learn and be the one helping out potential "noobs" lol....anyways yea any help I can get would be great, im just looking to craft a good cost efficient fast running comp just like the rest of the world lol, and im a fellow gamer 2, lol with the addition of me playing it could be one less person you have to wait to get into a game oneday...who knows.....LOL

how long would it take to put a computer together you think?

would i need anything lol.....hammer llol? lolzz i have no idea do you just like fit the pieces together or what:? im guessin i might need a screw driver or somethign lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom