Intel or Amd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerneeder

Baseband Member
which is better for gaming solely, ive heard ALOT ALOT of different things lol, so i want to finally get this issue cleared up in my head

my dads friend a computer expert told me that AMD was better for gaming however most places ive looked on the internet seem to tend to like intel duo processors and such better for gaming

so with the purchase of a new computer pending...im wondering whether to go with AMD or Intel....feedback?

If you were asking before the core2 chips came out, we would be saying AMD. If you can afford it, go for a quad core, especially if you plan on keeping it for a while.

how much is the price difference between a core 2 and a quad?

how much of a difference does it truely make in gaming?

can you see/tell the difference in speed or is it behind the scenes?

It all depends on what chips are you are looking at. You can get an e2140 for around 65 bucks, but its only 1.6ghz. A q6600 which is the cheapest quad core on the market, can easily overclock past 3ghz, is around 260ish. Most games these days only take advantage of 2 cores, but if you do alot of multitasking, like using ventrilo, instant messaging, and other stuff while gaming, a quad core is great. Also more games are starting to utilize quad cores more these days, so the longer you plan on keeping it, the more it will benefit you to buy a quad.

well are there any really good games coming out that are demanding enough not to run if you have like a 2.2-2.6 ghz processing speed

i think whatever computer i end up getting will have 2-3 ghz processor speed so im wondering now if any games in the next few years will be more demanding then those specifications i mean as far as i know any computer with 2-3 ghz of processing speed should be able to run every game out nowadays right? can 2-3 ghz run crysis?

whyd the computer expert guy say amd was better lol?

Calling oneself an export does not make it true. And he probably has a higher profit margin on AMD equipment that he wants to sell you :D

Maybe half a year ago, buying a core 2 would have been the smarter choice, but nowdays quads rule the market. Like veedubfreak says, even a q6600 can overclock VERY easily, and if you're gonna shell out for a good cpu, the quad is worth the little bit extra you'll have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom