Rate the Wire Management Above You!

s5000146pn7.jpg

Not the best, but think its ok for not having drilled any holes. Still need to sleeve the mobo header cables, and the usb card readers cable with black sleeve. Also gonna ditch those red sata cables and get black ones.

7.8/10

Mainly cuz the red sata's and 8pin power/cpu hsf 3 pin.

Try routing the 3 pin up and to the right instead of under.

7.8/10

Mainly cuz the red sata's and 8pin power/cpu hsf 3 pin.

Try routing the 3 pin up and to the right instead of under.

Yeah its actually the newer 4 pin pwm, i had it like that before but was afraid it would get snagged by the fan, ill take another look at it. And just using those since they came with my mobo, i had all ide before.

I dont suppose any of you old timers remember my wire management from back in the day. Still the same specs. Had to get out of the scene because of financial reasons, but I still check this place out from time to time. :)

rear.jpg

antec.jpg

I like that rig, those fans look hot!

Me and my friend zerodayatk did this, he did most of the work and tried his best with the wire managment, but i think it was harder then some because of thick psu wires and my case is a little cramped with all this stuff in it... I'll show you that stuff actually

comp002.jpg

My mobo outside the case, took it out cause it was hard doing... tuniq tower is huge...
comp001.jpg

and these 2 bad boys in sli....
comp.jpg

And there is the wire managment... We used electrical tape to get that tuniq tower fan controller thing out of the way... we also used some underneath the mobo so that we could get wires to stay firmly down there, mostly for the case fans. He used alot of those zip ties and tied them to the sides..

Last mintue decison by him with the Harddrive was to move it up higher so that the bottom fan would be blowing more on the video cards then the harddrive... and the hrad drive still gets some fan on it because i had to switch around my case fan window so that the tuniq would fit in there and not hit the side window fan... so instead of takeing the fan off we just did the old switcheroo and now that fan blows on the harddrive :)

That move also allows more room for some of the wires coming off the 2 8800gt's :D

He did better then i could of done and it looks WAYYYY better then it did before he helped me

DilonsComputerstuff007.jpg

definitely need some wire management.. i'm getting my camera back tonite.... i had it last night.. but my lil girlie friend took it cuz i got a picture off her offguard of a fun moment... hahaha... so she stole it and will give it back later tonite!!!!

and were you able to actually get the screw in the top left corner if your mobo tray in.. cuz i know i couldnt... and i HAD to install it before placing it in the case...

Interesting, it seems you have the 8800gt's that had the original smaller fan. You may want to watch out because there have been issues with overheating when the fans are set to auto speeds.

Back
Top Bottom