Bought the stuff for the computer I'll build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogey

Baseband Member
How solid is this, in terms of bang for buck? I'm a noob. I'm not going to overclock.

Cooler Master 690 (X-Mas Gift)
Evga 8800GT (G92) Stock Speeds (Bought already)
Ultra X-Connect 2 550W (X-Mas Gift)

Samsung CD/DVD Burner
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM

Core 2 Duo E8400

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

2, WD: Caviar 250GB/7200RPM/16MB Cache/Retail

CORSAIR 4GB(2 x 2GB)
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

ASUS P5K-E Mobo

If I don't overclock, how many total watts will everything need/use? Because I read the PSU is only 530W really. If I need to replace the PSU, can one of you people link a $70-ish-ish PSU with good performance that will power everything? Here's why. Read the review for August 10th 2006.

Ultra X2 ULT31851 550-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 120mm Fan, SLI Ready, SATA-Ready, 2024-Pin, Modular at TigerDirect.com

Now, do any of you know if the PSU will be compatible with the Mobo? Kinda hoping no, so I can get a better PSU. Thanks.

---------

I used this to HELP determine the total wattage everything will use.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

Any1 have the paid subscription to this site though? I got 391w's. With 100% load and 30% capacitor. Remember I won't be a oc'er. So thats what? A little under 2 years 24/7 use 100% load and 30% capacitor, the psu should last? Am I right on that?

The PSU should be fine as long as you don't SLI. Im not to sure of the brand of PSU though. All should be ok though. Happy building.

Yea, I'm not sure about the PSU brand either. A PSU teir I found had Ultra in Teir 2. But only the X3 and X-Pro model lines. And if you've read my previous threads. I'm a single card techie.

Have any of you guys seen that PSU calculator before?

hmm, I was told by somebody that its not the watts you should be to concerned about, rather, the voltage.

I read that too. I'll have my brother check it (PSU) before he opens it. Cause the exact card I have needs +12 volts at 22 amps. And the most amps the psu puts out is 18 amps at +12 volts.

Just noticed it late last night, after we bought the stuff :confused:

Yea, I'm not sure about the PSU brand either. A PSU teir I found had Ultra in Teir 2. But only the X3 and X-Pro model lines. And if you've read my previous threads. I'm a single card techie.

Have any of you guys seen that PSU calculator before?
that thing is so wrong lol, said i needed 900 watts for a quad/watercool/raid 0 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom