Anyone have Rush Hour 3 or Shoot Em Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
I recently bought both of these movies and they wont play on the media pc nor the gaming pc. Trying to figure out whats going on. I know its not the disc because i returned rush hour 3 for a different copy and get the exact same problem. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I think i'm going to have to buy anyDVD sooner than i was planning to.

Whats the error, you didn't say.
Is it a black screen and audio or what?
If you've been playing it through WMP, try playing it through quicktime as WMP doesn't have Avexc or whatever sometimes.

No error persay. I just get a blank black screen and nothing plays. No audio, no video, no menus even.

Edit, this happens in both vista home premium (media pc) and xp (gaming pc). I tried VLC, doesnt play in that either.

do you have any kind of codecs installed?
i dont have any and dont have any issues.
I use vlc for movies and it works fine.
try it in your dvd player and see what happens?
it could be your optical drive too

My first thought was the drive itself, but i tried it on my gaming rig with the same results. Up until these 2 movies, everything else has played perfectly fine in media pc, and still do. Its only these 2 titles that dont want to work. I dont get it.

And my standalone player died, which is part of what prompted the media pc.

some dvds don't play...or are highly incompatible if they were made with a certain device, I forget what...gonna see if I can find what I am talking about :D

but have you tried vista codec pack and mpc?

edit: seems this is one of those over protected dvds....tends to be funky ;)
either that or they are not coded in the best fashion

---
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1936336 sectors (3781 MBytes)
Total size: 3642849 sectors (7114 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: RUSH_HOUR_3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DV
---

EDIT 2: :D
Veedub...if you want...you can rip it using dvdfab hd....rip it so you can play it on your media pcs :p
Fastest DVD Copy Software | Best DVD Decrypter from DVDFab

Not yet, i'm usually too lazy to bother looking for stuff like that until i run into a situation that forces me to. So at this point i need to find the codec pack, but didnt know which one to look for.

The order in whcih I would approach this situation is:
1. download k-lite codec pack - its free and should help with the situation
2. AnyDVD, then DVD decrypter then DVD shrink - I successfully ripped and burned this DVD. This particular DVD has some heavy copywrite protection on it, but AnyDVD took care of it.

DVD decrypter + dvd shrink is the only 99.9% way to burn DVD's in my opinion. I've tried a lot of programs and these are the best two to use - along with AnyDVD when DVD decrypter cant decrypt the movie (its newer and up to date with copywrite protection schemes).

I'm not even trying to burn it. I bought the dvd and i just want to watch it. This is what really hacks me off about all of this stupid "copy protection". I cant even watch a dvd that i own without jumping through hoops. I think i may just end up going with DVDfab as it is an all in one program rather than have to deal with the 3 step process of anyDVD, dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. But i'll grab the codec pack when i get home and see if i can watch it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom