Another Off Topic Forum Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
Due to many requests from members and as suggested by the Forum Leaders, the permissions will be changing for access to posting in the Off Topic Forums.

Starting next week, a member will need a minimum of 40 posts to participate in the OT forum. As suggested, this will hopefully cut down on the drive-by spammers and those drive-by forget-the-rules-and-rudely-post people that don't take time to consider the rules of that forum and the general forum rules.

This should not hinder anyone that has been here for awhile and has a minimum of 40 posts. If you don't have 40 posts by the time this is instituted, you won't be able to participate in that forum until you do.

Caution: Do NOT try to inflate your post count for participation in the OT forum, nor the BST forum.

Also, for those that are having problems in the OT or BST forums, please remember that these forums are not necessary to your membership and the privilege to be in there may be revoked at any time.

Thanks for reading.

Edit for addition changes:

Yet another change to the OT forum is that anyone causing problems in the OT forum can lose their privilege of reading and posting in that forum. If there is someone that can't abide by the rules there, they will first get a warning and maybe an infraction. More warnings/infractions (and that may be the second one depending upon the circumstances) and the privilege will be lost.

BTW, the Buy/Sale/Trade will also be treated the same way. If you have bad deals there, then the privilege of reading and posting there will be removed.

This will probably be no problem for the large majority of our members. And it might be a welcome change for most.

Dave :D

w00t!! Great news to hear this. Helps protect the OT forum. :p

I was all for 5000 posts, but got bipartisan support for the measure. Personally, I think it was Nukem's amendment that called for hula dancers that sunk my proposal.

But, this is at least a great start.

um Dave you should also consider doing the same thing for the Useful links section, because thats also a common place for driveby spam

if it is needed the 40 posts will get bumped up but at the moment 40 will do.

um Dave you should also consider doing the same thing for the Useful links section, because thats also a common place for driveby spam
That might not be a bad idea. However, the links forum attracts some of the spam and keeps it in one place. But I still like that idea, especially since members have been reporting more spam rather than replying to it.

Dave :D

Pete said:
Spammers just post in all the wrong sections...
Shhh... don't tell them. That's how I catch so many... they post in sections very few people post in. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom