q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
try lowering the multiplier and running a higher FSB...if all else fails. you don't always need to run a 9x multiplier. you could bump it down to 8x and try it that way.

I havent ever tried anything lower than 1600 FSB on my 680i. Both of them i went straight to 1600 :)

try putting the multi. down to 8x and run a 1500FSB that'll be 3.0Ghz....and try running my voltages.

FSB: 1.5v
MCP: 1.55v
SPP: 1.60v
HT: 1.55v

start out with a pretty low CPU voltage in the 1.21ish range...if it gives an error raise the voltage up about 2 notches. just make sure temps dont go above 71*C in Coretemp.

im using those and im settin at 3.0 on my 680i(i dont really need it to go faster), get the p30 bios. im at around 1.2XXv temps a lil higher then i like it but thats because i still have the stock fan in my tuniq and just keep it off cuz its LOUD

try putting the multi. down to 8x and run a 1500FSB that'll be 3.0Ghz....and try running my voltages.

start out with a pretty low CPU voltage in the 1.21ish range...if it gives an error raise the voltage up about 2 notches. just make sure temps dont go above 71*C in Coretemp.

I will try this as soon as i get home.

Btw... shouldnt ALL 680i mobos support quadcore overclocking?

If it is a 680i, not a LT... it should support it right? :confused:

i still have the stock fan in my tuniq

me too... omg am i suppoused to buy an aftermarket fan for my aftermarket cooler? lol i didnt know the tuniq needed one i thought the one in it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom