q6600 g0, 680i wont go above 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH.. hahaha my mistake!

ur having a hard tmie w/ 1270fsb??? that should be incredibly easy to do!

means u needa give a lil more juice to the fsb or cpu... you've got a tuniq tower.. and i'm sure your temps are fine.. don't be scared to give it a lil more ;)

hoping you have a g0

check in cpu-z and look at mainboard.. look if its an A1 revision of your mobo

nope, not bad, that confused me a bit though... because its supposed to be an A1 revision?! lol... mine says the same!! but, thats a great thing.. because if its not the revision.. then it clocks like doodoo...

and i'm an idiot.. the title only says g0 in it.. hahaha

nope, not bad, that confused me a bit though... because its supposed to be an A1 revision?! lol... mine says the same!! but, thats a great thing.. because if its not the revision.. then it clocks like doodoo...

and i'm an idiot.. the title only says g0 in it.. hahaha

Yeah Nos I went over Drizzts house today to try and help him oc... Won't go over 1270. I had the volts ridiculasly (MAJOR sp) high and it still wouldn't go over 1270 :(. I was trying to get the ram to just run at 667 5-5-5-15-2t
but it still wasn't stable! it was pretty whack. I'm hoping with more tweaking we can get it over 2.85... if not its a shame.. my question is Nos, Do you have the p30 or over BIOS update? I'm thinking it could be that maybe?!

why do you need to overclock the memory that high?

use the stock settings at 800mhz 4-4-4-12...overclocking memory doesn't help hardly any.

talking about fsb....

and i dunno what bios i have actually.. mgcook can answer that for you though... haha

you may just be hitting an fsb hole.. the 680i's have those

try setting it to 1500 and see if it goes

put ur cpu voltage to 1.35v, and fsb to 1.4v i don't remember what the other were...

i think you are still on teh P30 BIOS. those were the last ones I flashed onto it.

But if you haven't done it yet...upgrade to P30 or P32's at least.

you could be hitting a FSB hole..what are the voltage settings? and what is the VID of the CPU?

what is better higher or lower vid? im' going to assume lower

ya i havent even considered flashing bios yet.. not w/ how great the one i'm on is overclocking

k... idk wat bios i am running on.

Im not sure what VID is on a CPU...

IDK how 1500 will help if its not stable at 1400 lol, but if u say so...

:/ I am not satisfied with 2.85 Overclock when you guys get to 3.2 - 3.8 with ease :(

So what should i try first? (zerodayatk, u gotta come over again soon, lol)

trust me.. my old 680i was like that, couldnt do 1200 or 1400.. but would boot 1300 & 1500 just fine

680i's have ALOT of fsb's that just won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom