Thermal Paste on GPU....which method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just helped Drizzt5 today, I like to take a blob and use a credit card to smear it evenly across the chip. Seems to give me the best results...

its done. i used a big blob in the middle and a line going across the middle of the GPU in both directions..should work out well.

i just hope it works now.

this isn't mine, but its pretty much identical to what i did

01.jpg

oh i got a good question i need answered!

is it a good idea to use MX-2 on my Crucial RAM???

ill do what mgcook is doing to my HD 3870 x2 im getting tomorrow, if i get around to it that is.

EDIT:

y not like a grain of rice on the GPU? For me i tried it on my CPU, but my Tuniq mushed it n spread it everywhere, what a disaster that was!

I just helped Drizzt5 today, I like to take a blob and use a credit card to smear it evenly across the chip. Seems to give me the best results...

There talking about GPU's... we have to get around to the GPU's paste eventually remember?

BTW, It's called paste right? not grease -_-... cause at school they laugh at me for saying paste :/

When i did my GTS320 which is the g80 giant gpu i put 4 blobs in a square, when i redid my gts512 which is the smaller g92 core i just did a small blob in the middle of the gpu. Both methods seemed to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom