Watercooling.. what to buy first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay, welp, i'm gonna be going water cooling really soon... and i guess i needa know everything i needa buy!!!

i'm not really interested in anything but cooling the CPU for the meantime.. and the budget is something like 200-300 dollars USD

so w/ that said, someone link me up w/ some nice stuff... of course i won't be buying it all at once.. because i have better things to spend my money on w/ valentines day coming up and such! :( hahaha sadness!!!

but anywho... i'll probably just buy the CPU waterblock along w/ tubing for my first blow

so if anyone could suggest me a nice CPU waterblock, along w/ radiator, pump, and all that good stuff

for blocks... the Apogee GTX with copper top, for no corrosion of course;)
or the D-tek Fuzion. There was also a pretty fresh one that was supposed to rock but it was something rediculasly (SP) priced, If your interested in it I will look into it.

The pump Iwaki are super rad, They are some of the best around! But again, if you want to save, Laing are still cool.

Tubing, Everywhere I go, People Rave about Tygon, But you could pick whatever you want.

for the Radiator, I believe its a thermochill PA 120.2 or 3 are some of the finest around. Should get you close to $300.. I was thinking of going water, but for the time being and budget, I have really no need except cool factor.

If your selling your Air stuff, Hit me up, I need a good HSF.

zdAtk

dude if i were u NosBoost300, i would save me money n get top of the line air cooling parts, that is what i did with the budget i had. If i wanted to go water cooling, my older sibilings n parents will have a fit (not like one has already happened when i rebuilt my computer lol).

off topic:

tomorrow i get the Sapphire HD 3870 x2 from newegg, so ill post pics tomorrow around in the evening.

NosBoost300, u, got a Wii? PM me ur Wii number so we can battle when SSBB comes out!! WOOT!!

D-Tek Fusion is the best CPU block for the quads..make sure you order the nozzle kit also...it helps out alot

here is going to be my loop:

D-Tek fusion with nozzle kit
D5 variable speed pump
Masterkleer tubing 1/2"
Danger Den 5-1/4" drive bay reservoir
MCR220 w/ low speed Yate Loons (already got the fans)
Petras Red dye

lol i already have a tuniq tower 120 w/ like 3 fans on it.. lol it isnt satisfying my needs... i want something like 3.8-4.0ghz daily use..

and my Wii still isnt set up to go online... i'll try and give that a go tonite... i'm awaiting super smash! that games gonna be awesome

and to everyone else, thanks for the links, i'll examine them when i get home tonite

if spending more money justifies the cost.. i will consider going for something more high end (meaning maybe 400 dollars total).. maybe i should check out phase change units on xs... but i definitely don't want that hastle....

lol i already have a tuniq tower 120 w/ like 3 fans on it.. lol it isnt satisfying my needs... i want something like 3.8-4.0ghz daily use..

hows you get 3 fans on it?
i only have the stock fan on it and have it running at 1krpm.
post a pic if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom