Acer Aspire 4710Z CD/DVD drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent-Valentine

Baseband Member
its a pretty simple problem, have a acer aspire that i've just cured of vista, and thanks to this site all the bugs except for this one are gone, so thanks to all of you who helped me this far, all i have left is a problem where it doesnt rocognise the CD/DVD drive, it doesnt even have the lil question mark thingy in device manager but it is in the boot menu, only one in the device manager is a SM bus controller, not sure if thats it but i do need my disk drive going, and thanks in advance for all you time even reading this thread.

/-edit-\
the computer doesnt realise the disk drive is there, there is no cd drive there according to the computer, is there anyway i can fix this? keep in mind its a laptop and that im not willing to open it up considering i dont have the money to replace it if i break it. and that i dont know the modle number of the drive consiering theres nothing in the computer even acknologing that here is a drive there.
\-edit-/

I am assuming you have tried the basics such as drivers, and windows update to find drivers.

i cant find the drivers for it, and it says theres no other missing drivers cept that SM bus but i doubt that is the drive, where would i find the drivers? and please dont say the acer website caus that doesnt have the cd/dvd drivers :p

umm... didnt i sat the acer site doesnt have the cd driver! sorry im so frustrated but every acer post gets the same answer, goto the acer site, acer doesnt have alot of their own drivers. ill try that driver guide, thank you for your help both of you.

/-edit-\
did the driver guide thing, it kinda doenst help if the computer doesnt realise the disk drive is there, there is no cd drive there according to the computer, is there anyway i can fix this? keep in mind its a laptop and that im not willing to open it up considering i dont have the money to replace it if i break it. and that i dont know the modle number of the drive consiering theres nothing in the computer even acknologing that here is a drive there.
\-edit-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom