2 monitors, one for diagnostic information

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I have a 24in monitor, and I want to be able to view temperature graphs and such while playing games, or other information while playing games. How can I set my monitors up so that one runs at one res, while the other runs at another res. The only way I can get my 24in to run at 1900x1200 is to set the monitors to clone which doesnt help me. Do I need a second video card to do it?

I am going to put in an old video card. brb

ok, sorry to bump this but I am having trouble. I have a 7100gs laying around, and I put that in, and install the drivers and that is good. So then it wants to reboot, so I do... and it cant make it past the windows log on screen. What to do? What am I doing wrong?

sorry for double post

i think your monitor settings are acting up, boot to safemode should be ok, and then look in the graphics options for monitor frequency or refresh rate, try fiddling with that. sometimes when i boot to linux it says my monitors being a *****

yeah, I had it in the farthest away pci-e slot, I moved it to the other blue one, the second one, and am installing drivers now. I will boot to safe if this doesnt work.

I seem to have major problems. When I booted into safe mode, because the new try didnt work, I couldnt change anything. I could not even change the resolution. I really am pretty lost. and ntune said it could not open, and there was no nvidia control center...

sorry for the bump, I was hoping this would jump up the list and catch someones attention who had an answer

oh and now nvidia control panel will not come up. I get this error code..
02de1510, well that is the "offset" I dont really know what that means.

I am downloading the newest gefore7 series drivers

i have 2 monitors running at different res's, and im using one gpu. u must be doing something wronge. i can switch the res's for both monitors under
properties/settings

well I will restart as soon as these files are done downloading and take out the second graphics card. But is there something I could do to use it anyway? Will that help to relieve the stress from my GTS during gaming. If I have a second card running the other monitor, so it wont have to do both?

And I am in ntune right now looking at the options for dual monitors and the only options are "clone" which I dont want, and "horizontal span" and that requires the same res on both. And I looked in the right click>properties>settings and didnt see anything about it...

Someone? There doesnt seem to be a way to set up dual monitors other than the ways I mentioned. I know it can be done, what am I missing?

someone delete this please. I am dumb. I needed to restart without my other graphics card in, which somehow I never managed to do? Even though I restarted a bunch... oh well. It is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom