If your not gonna use sli, go with P35?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still slightly indecisive... i want a mobo that will overclock well, support 45nm technolgy, cost max 300$ and support evga 8800gts. What are your number 1 picks?

depending on your budget...you can get a cheap P35 or if you have extra cash get a X38

a cheap P35 would be an Asus P5k or a Gigabyte DS3L
a more expensive X38 would be an Asus P5E or Maximus Formula

The X48 chipset is nothing but a handpicked X38 with more complicated BIOS.

My budget is max 300$ for the mobo.
I'm currently learning about bios so i would rather a simpler mobo to start off with.

Go with the maximus formula. That is a really good board. If you have that much money, dont bother with p35. If you have a lot of money for your whole build, get a x48* and get DDR3 memory.

Or use that extra money and get a better processor or something. But a motherboard is really important

not all X48's are going to be DDR3 only

The Rampage Formula will be DDR2

something like a P5K-e would be fine to start out with..they still overclock like crazy and BIOS are simple to work with.

I would suggest the maximus formula, best x38 board out there in my opinion, everyone who has it loves it, but i would also look into the X48 chipsets. From what i heard a while ago they are all supposed to be DDR3, but if some of them arent, you should definitly check it out.

Thanks for all the help!
looks like the "ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard" is the one for me :)

I love my gigabyte x38 DQ6, and the fact i can avoid asus, and i hear its little brother the x38 DS4 is good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom