Dual booting xp and vista ult. on 2 drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulls

Solid State Member
I've just gotten Vista Ult. I have trusty old xp pro on my 150 Raptor. I have installed vista on another H.D. I'd like the option of booting one or the other with ease. No partitions. Can one of you techies help a noob?:freak:

I have seen software for sell,....vista boot pro. And tons of info on dual booting on one drive. I understand that this option tends to have more pitfalls. Is there a way to dual boot, easily with two drives?

unhook the xp hard drive. install vista. hook the xp drive back up. when computer come on hit f12 to select boot device or go to the bios to select which hard drive that you want to boot

Ok I will try it. I've installed on both drives already. Thank you for the reply.

I have seen software for sell,....vista boot pro. And tons of info on dual booting on one drive. I understand that this option tends to have more pitfalls. Is there a way to dual boot, easily with two drives?

If you are seeing VistaBootPro for sale dont bother. Go over to NeoSmart where you can get EasyBCD for free.

Just download it install it and add a entry for your second Vista install. If you got quesitons the forums there can answer them easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom