one CDkey, two XP disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
either if you can or you cant ;p he wont let me, so i need another way around this,. ive been looking but all i get is the same old way around using the telephone update thing which doesnt work

Hi. Yes, you can.

If both Windows XP machines have been activated (through Microsoft Windows Product Activation) with the same product key, and both computers are turned on and connected to the Internet simultaneously, any one of the machines may fail a Windows Genuine Advantage check at any time.

While it may be possible to activate more than one copy of Windows XP on different machines with the same product key (for a particular reason), it's not possible to guarantee that both copies will remain activated (unless you thoroughly avoid the Windows Genuine Advantage checks, which can be difficult for novice users in particular, especially since Microsoft are always updating their WGA checks).

Hello,

There is no guarantee that it will work.

If both Windows XP machines have been activated (through Microsoft Windows Product Activation) with the same product key, and both computer are turned on and connected to the Internet simultaneously, any one of the machines may fail a Windows Genuine Advantage check.

Not really...

That's not true. I've update all my computers successfully.

While it may have worked for you, in theory, it is impossible to activate more than one copy of Windows XP with the same product key, due to the way Microsoft Windows Product Activation works.

A hardware hash and the product key is used to create a product ID during activation. If Windows Product Activation or a WGA check finds that the same product key has been associated to a different hardware hash, then it knows that a machine has already been activated with that product key, and that yours is illegitimate.

umm... each windows disc is allowed to be used 3 computers per household.. though who does it that way? i know cuz i've used up my old copy of windows xp home 3 times, all different computers.. and all were able to validate online...

just "obtain" yourself windows xp pro corporate edition which allows A CRAPLOAD of uses per disc... i know, i have one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom