32-bit or 64-bit vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrading to penryn wouldnt matter. 64 bit just allows more ram to be installed. so if your planning on upgrading ram to 4 gigs then yea go with 64 bit. because 32 bit only recognizes 3 gigs.

well i'll be doing a dual boot between XP home and vista business. I thought the 64bit or 32bit related to the processor somehow... How does XP run with 4Gb of ram though?

i know but i don't want to buy a 64bit version of XP. My school has MSDN for a class i'm in and i can only get the 32-bit version. However i can get the 32 or 64 bit of vista (business :(). Would there be any advantage to having a 64bit OS with 2GB of ram? or would that be pointless?

well its pointless in having 64 bit and only 2 gigs but what i'd do is go ahead and bump up to 4 gigs if your running cad and use it in Vista 64bit and when you dual boot with xp 32 the OS will only see 3 out a your 4 gigs in the 32 bit xp.

But if your not running anything htats memory hungry like CAD or games then id jsut leave it at 2 gigs of ram and jsut get both 32 bit OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom