crucial failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lifes a *****, then you pay taxes, then you die. Get it right. also, why didnt you order the x2 from microcenter. Its 389 bucks.

My HZ's just died 2 weeks ago too. I called EVGA and they said that nvidia chipsets have a tendency to kill ram if the voltage is set about 2.1v...WTF!?! I only had them at 2.15v. That doesn't make any sense. The sticks are rated up to 2.2v. They should really fix that issue. I hope thats not the same with my 780i that i am still impatiently waiting for...

Sorry about your sticks man. You should go to like circuit city or something and buy whatever the best pair of ram they have is (it wont be that great) and just put that in your system until you get yours back. They have a 30 day return policy so you can just return them when you get yours. Thats what I did. I'm running some awful PNY DDR2 667 ram but atleast it works and I can still play games.

first it's Northbridge, now the RAM in it, whats next?

Yes, 680i's can and will kill memory. Which is why the next time my 680i dies i'm buying a 780i.

mine too. i dated enough *****es to know she isnt one. unless she's mad lol...but then, you aint gonna find a woman that isnt a ***** when she's mad, it's the other times that count.

haha totally true.

I've heard of them dying cause of overvoltage but at 2.2. Atleast you have lifetime warranty.

im on an intel chipset so im thinking its just the ram that died, i might borow some cash of my dad and just order a second kit of 2x1gb kit there so cheap, as i do plan on going vista from now to the summer. one thing is for sure tho my lcd poster helped me quite a bit with trouble shooting my system wouldnt post , it was stuck on det dram so i changed the sticks up and found the one that doesnt work. my pc is slow as an old lady with 1gb and no oc ontop of that.

and to comment on the women thing my ex just whent out and sleped with her best friends ex 2 days after we broke up, and shes was like il give you your time to get over me and all that ****, so you men with good wives are quite lucky. all her friends told me shel never be happy tho and shel never find love so thats a litle fun for me to laff at, all i know is i gotta try and stick to nice girls from now on alltho itl be hard as i thought she was a nice girl. alltho i do have a good chance with her best friend as we where both hurt by my ex and can sympathise each other and shes really really nice so things may work out to be better. ontop of that i know this is off topic but the ***** scamed 110$ out of me the night we broke up i took her out skiing( i snow board) and **** and payed for everything and find out im dumping my gf, that was teh dumbest part shes like i want to be your friend but i dont want to break up with you, so i dumped her. anyway ya im buying a another kit of ram probably from crucial, and il keep it, its just gonna be tought as im getting a tattoo my next week end which will leave me broke.

isnt 2.2v what the crucial ram is rated at?

Geez, bad week? Crucial and gf. Yea they are rated for 2.2. I see people put more volts w/ fans of course. I tried a 1200mhz 2.2v 5-5-5-18 but it hung in windows. I know if I bumped it up a bit it would be stable. But I don't have fans on it so thats not a good idea yet. That reminds me I need to case fans. I only have one intake and two exhaust counting the psu. Look at it this way maybe you'll get some nice sticks back that will oc high on 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom