The Generic Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenX

In Runtime
I've heard a multitude of ways to overclock, high volt high clock, gradual, sporadic, etc. Whats your style of OC'ing and how do you do it?

A mod will eventually move it.

I like to start off with a high voltage and highest stable clock, and then lower the voltage down gradually, stressing with Prime95, until I reach the lowest stable voltage possible.

when I had the e4300 and the 3600+ I usually started with a bit less than the recommended voltage for 24hour usage, then I started cranking up the FSB and RAM Divider and whatnot

isnt giving too much voltage to the cpu dangerous? or are you fine up to the max volt specified by manufacturer?

i start with low voltage, go as high as i can stable. then go up on voltage while going higher until the temps get close to my personal limits. then i back off voltage again and get it as high as i can with acceptable temps/voltage.
once you get a stable clock at low voltage you can always jump to those settings when you crash as you attempt to go higher...and you will, oh yes. ie you dont have to start all over again (IF you find a stable clock first).

yessir. some mobos allow you to save memory/clock/voltage settings. which is handy. my 590 lets me save 4 presets of those. then, all i have to do is change the basic cmos and bios settings. easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom