This motherboard combo good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I saw this ad on the tigerdiret website (i have the store right by my house too) And it is exactly what i need. I have the 8800GT superclocked and my amd 3200+ is bottlenecking the crap out of it. How does this combo look, will i be able to get the cpu to 3ghz with a Tuniq cooler too? Juts lemme know what u guys think about the combo. Also, the ram says somthing about vista upgrade, do i need vista to use the ram or somthing? thanks guys
Link to the combo- XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.40GHz OEM, OCZ 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 Memory (2 x 2048MB) at TigerDirect.com

not bad with the MIR, but honestly, you might get a B3 Revision

I'd just get a p35-ds3l and a q6600 G0 w/ Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit (especially since you can get it for $40) but if you're desperate for SLi, its something worth looking at

$270 + $70 + $40= $380 If I added correctly (assuming the Ballistix Rebates and Abitg ip35-e rebates come in)

if you want a good sytem, go with what vern suggested. You will be happy you spent the money. And you can OC the crap out that q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom