If your not gonna use sli, go with P35?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gl600

Baseband Member
Hello,
I have noticed that many people seem to say that on the 780i and 680i mobo's, if you're not gonna use more than one card, "just go with the P35".
Can you please tell me which P35 they are referring to? I found a bunch of different "P35"'s.
Thanks

If you have a large budget then I would take a look at either the DFI LanParty X38-T2R or the DFI Dark X38-T2R

Or if you want the P35 chipset then the DFI LanParty P35-T2R is a darned good choice.

Keep in mind X48 is coming out soon and its a derned sexy chipset. From what I've seen the MSI X48 board is an overclocking beasty. THe only drawback is that you will need to shell out the cash for DDR3 memor

the 780i boards are a scam. the "780i" chip is exactly the same as the 680i, the only difference is the boards have a third chip in the chipset to add PCI-E 2.0 support.

I was told that the 680i does not support 45nm technology. I'd like i board that does support it for future upgrades....?

The P35 DS3R is a good budget overclocking P35...he said he has a large budget so I would suggest something like the DFI..or at least a P5K Premium

I was told that the 680i does not support 45nm technology. I'd like i board that does support it for future upgrades....?

exactly, the whole poing of 780i and 750i was to get support for 45nm and charge a whole lot of money while doing it

780i just adds support for pci-e 2.0 and 45nm thanks to a new south bridge. its still the exact same 680i northbridge we love/hate. i do love my maximus formula and the x38 chipset no fsb holes unlike the 680i has. the x38 also stays cooler then the 680i or 780i chipset, just look at the monstreous coolers on the 780i boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom