E2140 OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
So, I got my new build. I own the Xigmatek cooler (recently reviewed here at tech-forums) paired with the E2140. Fist off, I am a complete newb to oc'ing and I have a few questions. My idle temps at stock were 25C-26C. Full load= 32C-33C. I raised the FSB I think to 335 mhz and got 2.7 ghz. That pushed my RAM to 900 mhz. My temps were idle=33C full load= 50C-51C. I have heard of these processors going to 3.0 ghz on stock vcore. Since the multiplier is eight, that means my FSB would be set at 375 mhz. However, if I do this my ram would be set at around 1000 mhz or so. Is this safe?

I own the Newegg.com - A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
and the: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail.

Also, will raising the vcore increase performance? Thanks for the help.

raising the V core increases Stability when you mem test or orthos fails.

and your ram isnt that great but i think it could handle it
don't go over the ram's manufacturers recommended volts or you'll void the warranty.

you can change it but just leave it auto. and only play with the FSB for now. until you start getting to higher clocks.

and yes you can hit over 2.8 on stock volts.

If you can mount it so the fan blows out the exhaust it would work alot better. Try tucking those wires in an empty bay or get some zip ties. Its gonna affect your airflow. Change your cpu:dram divider so it doesnt hit 1000mhz when you up the fsb. You can also play around with the divider trying to keep as close to 800mhz as possible

If you can mount it so the fan blows out the exhaust it would work alot better.

Ok. I just did that, lowered my temps about 10C :D:

Try tucking those wires in an empty bay or get some zip ties. Its gonna affect your airflow.

Just did that too.

Change your cpu:dram divider so it doesnt hit 1000mhz when you up the fsb. You can also play around with the divider trying to keep as close to 800mhz as possible

Unfortunately I can't do that:

I am stuck at 2.66.

Should I not go any higher than where I am with the RAM (900 mhz)? (btw, thanks for all of you guys'es help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom