No Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
hey guys im still working on my moms laptop trying to get it running and have a question i pulled the hdd and copied all the files off but i cant get the laptop itself to even bring up the toshiba logo anymore i cant get to bios i cant do anything... is there a way to clear the bios memory (battery?) anyone know where its located on this laptop or a general idea where to look? i dont even see the screen flicker like its turning on. i hooked to up to an external monitor and still nothing... i have removed ram hdd and cd but still nothing. will not do anthing other that power the fan from what i can tell is there anything i can do? i really need to get this working for my mom any advise would be great.

laptop is a Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255

Make sure whatever RAM is installed is properly seated. Also, make sure the original HDD is installed and is fully pushed in. If nothing happens then you shorted something out.

However, the BIOS might need to be reset, but to be honest I've never located a CMOS Battery on a laptop, even the two or three I've disassembled.

i have tried booting the thing with NO ram or hdd and still nothing not even a system beep

i have tried booting the thing with NO ram or hdd and still nothing not even a system beep

Well like mentioned above make sure RAM seated properly and inserted, you need RAM in the system in order to boot.

Is this a new product?

lol RMA hahahaha o god i almost peed in my pants sorry this laptop is a 2002 model!!!

i have tried with ram without ram, with hdd w/o hdd, and everything still nada

Reminds me of something that happened ot my comp. everything worked but exept the CPU. it just decided to crap out on me. replaced it and booted just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom