How do I know which processes are ok to end in Task Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again everyone!

Well, I am trying to free up my processor so my TV Capture card will work better [in digital phase, the audio and video becomes choppy].

I thought my processor would easily handle this TV Capture card and maybe it is and I just do not realize it. Perhaps it is something else....

Well, I have read about removing items [ending the process] in the process window of task manager.

My system is working perfect right now [with the exception of the capture card] and I do not want to mess it up after spending many, many days to build this. Please help me to not mess this up.

Here is my system:

Intel E4500
ECS 945GCT-M/1333
XP Pro w/SP2
2 sticks of 1gb DDR2 = 2gb ocz
Hauppauge 1600 capture card
Cool Master 600 PS
e-GeForce 6200 LE 256MB PCI-E

I know, my system is not that good compared to most people here, but this is all I could afford due to my limited budget. The entire system cost me $296 to build, so I am not gonna complain. And I had to wait 6 months, constantly checking FRY's ads so I could get their rebated items that were often free. I am glad to have a dual core processor!

Can anyone help me?

I also posted in the overclocking post area because I read that my processor can be easily overclocked. My processor is presently operating at 25 degrees cel. and it rarely goes above 27.

My MB will not permit me to install more than 2gb of RAM. Could that be the problem? And how do I know how much of my RAM is being utilized at any given moment? [when I look at the performance window in the task manager, my processor rarely goes above 30% when I am using the capture card, so I am beginning to suspect my problem is not in the speed of my processor.

Well, here I am, wanting to watch and record digital TV from my new antenna, and I cannot do so yet on this new build.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks again for all the help from everyone who helped me to build this rig last month. It works so well and overall I am so thankful!

It me again, Not-So-Fast-Freddy

try moving the capture card to another pci slot. that is an outboard video card right? I would also use nvidia pure decoder card as your dvd and mpeg decoder. it use hardware. I had your problem and it was because I was using nvidia onboard video. an outboard card fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom