As new as it gets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTRDR83

Solid State Member
Hey, I have been playing around with computers for a long time and am pretty good with them as far as my non-techy friends are considered, but I am lost when reading a lot of your posts. Is there any reading you recommend for someone at the low-to-middle range looking to learn more? Thanks

What are you stuck in? Just use that as a gude and post threads on your questions. For example: thread with the title "What is a harddrive's use?", etc.

I'm really just trying to learn more. I'm kind of at that point where I don't know what I don't know so I don't even know what questions to ask. Where did you learn a lot of what you know about all this?

Well, it's mostly just experience. I was faced with problems so I looked on how to fix it. The more problems I encounter, the more I know how to fix it.

Do what I did: build a computer. From scratch. It helps if you have a dead one lying around, so you have a place to start off from. Along the way you'll learn a great deal, and all for under $150, if you don't go too far. Plus, you'll have a new computer, which you may even be able to sell off for a profit.

Eventually you'll get to the point where you don't buy Micro ATX cases for a huge ATX motherboard like I did.

One of the many faults when building a custom pc.....you will most likely run into issues somehow, whether its bad drivers that make the system bsod, clearance issues, heat issues. or stability problems, troubleshooting these things are what improve the knowledge and skill you possess. Most of us have more than one system, since we cant fully rely on our overclocked/tweaked gaming systems (especially after a new overclock) that run 24/7 due to folding or other reasons.

ii had a friend who used towork on my comp for me a long time ago, i watched him, i learned what he was doing and why. now i know pretty much everything he knows because i watched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom