A quick look: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Heatpipe Direct Touch Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Intro:

So I wanted to go back to air for various reasons I won't mention. Anyway, I wasn't really interested in paying out the wazoo for a TR Ultra 120 + a quality 120mm fan + the pain to lap it...so I scouted around for cheaper alternatives.

I found the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler...the heatpipes contact the IHS of the CPU directly like on the OCZ Vendetta, but the there's quite a lot more surface area for heat dissipation. I scored this for 33 quid shipped from somewhere in Sweden as I couldn't locate it in the UK.

ANYWAY, on to my quick and dirty review of the cooler:

The box:

IMG_3159Medium.jpg

Contents: You get a 1300rpm PWM 120mm fan with some silent mounting rubber thingies, some AM2 bracket and the annoying push-pin S775 clips, in addition to a funky spoiler thing for directing some airflow down over your mosfets or whatever, a molex adapter, and of course thermal paste.

IMG_3160Medium.jpg

The Cooler: Just your standard finned heatpipe tower, except the heatpipes are on the bottom for direct contact with the CPU.

IMG_3161Medium.jpg

Fitment: I've always had water for my intel setups so I've never had to fuss with these weird mounting clips. Man are they super lame. Anyway, I finally got it fitted with just enough room for my HR-05

IMG_3162Medium.jpg

IMG_3163Medium.jpg

IMG_3164Medium.jpg

Performance: Well I tested by running 30 min of Orthos stress cpu.

The CPU is an e6300 @ 3.3ghz 1.4v

My water setup was: DDC 18w/Alphacool top, HE120.2 + shround + 2x120mm fans, 3/8'' tubing, EK wave CPU + MCW60 gpu, Swiftech Micro-res.

Ambient = 21C

Water
----
34c / 50c load

Xigmatek 120mm Cooler
----
41c idle / 54c load

As you can see, the Xigmatek is not bad at all especially when you compare the costs of each setup. Oh and also, the 120mm fan is actually very quiet even on full blast (1350rpm)...

How close is the heatsink to the side door, i want to know because im really thinking of getting this heatsink. thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom