new comp troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

niklas

Beta member
have a bit of a problem with my new computer. It keeps freezing occasionally. I've had many technicians look at it, one of them being my sister's fiance and no one seems to know why. they run tests and everything and come up with nothing. It is a week old, all brand new parts + case and there is something like 8 or 9 fans in total inside. Maybe a couple of the parts are not compatible, I don't know.

some specs:
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core
ram: 2gb OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400
vid card: XFX GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
motherboard: EVGA Nforce 780I

not sure what's happening :( it normally freezes randomly out of the blue when I'm just browsing around the desktop or internet. No real way to keep track of it or anything

Oh yea? What "tests"/"programs" did they run??
Memtest86+, google, download, burn to disk, boot off of, run for four hours minimum
What power supply.

most of the tests they ran were to check if each part were compatible with eachother. The first problem i had with this comp when i put it together was that the mobo was not compatible with my processor. they ran many stress tests on each part and found out it was indeed the mobo. I bought a new one and now I've got this freezing problem. They haven't really ran any tests for this new problem, but I'm starting to think my cpu is done already only after a week; might be starting to overheat. Only logical thing I can think of. just so frustrating. I am not sure what powersupply it is but it is a 700 watt one so it is plenty

Did you do a clean format and install on the new motherboard.

What were the results of the 4 hour memtest I told you to run?

mobo not compatible with processor...
was that after you bought? Was the system up and running and this was said? if so that's bogus...if not...be more clear ;)

legit xp? updated? check mobo site to see if they have a bios update and suggest it, etc

The first problem with the motherboard was that the Asus P5NT-Deluxe is incompatible with an intel quad core, even after bios updates. We replaced it with a board made by evga and so far so good. The hardware has been PC-Checked and it passes all its tests just fine. It's going to be WinStressed overnight. Firefox is causing a lock up of the system. Possibly a virus problem, we will see in the morning.

it's ok, I've fixed it now. One of my programs kept locking up my computer. thx anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom