giant radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
this may seem like a really stupid question but do you guys think it would be possible to passively cool my whole pc (graphics, cpu, north bridge), by attaching my watercooling loop to a car radiator without a fan?
i understand that i would still need airflow through the case but i can just use silent fans for that.

Reason being at the moment my pc can be heard clearly from >15m and this is no good for an htpc

you would need one powerful pump to get the water to run through it fast enough. in general bigger pump = louder. your better off getting a normal watercooling kit and use some silent 120mm fans

thats what i thouht but using silent fans with my current loop doesnt have enough cooling power, maybe i could make some sort of sealed sound dampenig case for the pump? or would the pump get too hot then?

Edit: well it has definately been done: WinBeta.Org - Beta / News / Reviews, although the radiator is allot smaller and uglier than the one i had in mind.

Danger Den :: Radiators :: Heater Core Radiators :: Double Heater Core with Fittings

heater core PC rads actually Are car radiators, that work Quite well, especially for the price. Though a fan is recommended, as car rads also run a fan. So you're question is quite valid. Though this rad make is very specific, its a 76 bonneville I Think (dont quote me) I don't know/think any random rad would work, though some could. But a good pump is needed liek said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom