8800GS 384MB and 768MB benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there's no pencil mod I know of for the 8800GT I would think like 14k-ish

But that was when I was running my quad...I'm back to dual core now.

Wait, what? I just reread what I said and I can't find anything off in it?

If you are going to upgrade soon then I'd get the 8800GS. There's no doubt that the 3850pro is a kickin card, but this 8800GS seems to beat it by a good margine stock vs stock, and the 8800GS looks like it overclocks nicely too.

With a simple vmod the 3850pro can hit 900+ core on the stock cooler...whether that beats a 8800GS @ 750ish core (rough estimate of max on stock vcore and cooler as I don't think you can pencil mod it) is unknown to me.

:rolleyes:

for shame! :D

shame gurusan shame

haha loophole. Anyone use a modded bios? I'm grabbing an hd 3870 next week. I know people can hit the 875mhz mark on theirs w/ a modded bios.

Wait, what? I just reread what I said and I can't find anything off in it?

Anyway yeah I voltmodded and scored 15,488 in 3dmark06...

I'll reinterpret it

I agree that the hd3850 is an a bad "Butt" card, but I am garbage with Volt Modding

the last part was: is the Volt Mod the reason why you got 14k (15k really) because the most I've seen was 11,000 Score, but you replied by saying it was the reason

Hope that helps :D

Id like to see some sli benchmarks. If the price drops to about $150, it may not be a bad deal and may beat out a gts, not sure though since theres less shaders.

8800GS 384MB and 768MB gets higher FPS than 8800GT 256MB if you play games at high settings

The benchmarks show cod4 getting 80fps with aa/af off, i get more than that, itll shoot up to 140fps and come back down, stays around 90fps. When aa/af is enabled, yes but aa/af off, i dont think so, i mean it has less shaders.

The benchmarks show cod4 getting 80fps with aa/af off, i get more than that, itll shoot up to 140fps and come back down, stays around 90fps. When aa/af is enabled, yes but aa/af off, i dont think so, i mean it has less shaders.

how do you constantly measure your fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom