XP Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Im sick of plain old xp, been on it for over 5 years now. Where can i find some nice looking themes, that wont eat up much more memory then the default xp theme?

Hello,

I've 'patched' Windows XP so that I can install unsigned visual styles right into the OS. There are many places on the Internet you can download unsigned visual styles from, one of the best places being DeviantArt.

uxthemefp3.jpg

The benefit of changing the look of Windows XP this way is the minimal increase of resources compared to having to install and use a 3rd party program like Stardock's WindowsBlinds.

The procedure requires you patching a system file known as 'uxtheme.dll' in order to allow unofficial visual styles to be added into Windows XP. A uxtheme multi-patcher is available which automates the process, which can be downloaded here: Download Uxtheme Multi-patcher 5.5 - Uxtheme Multi-patcher - A patch that will change your uxtheme.dll on Windows XP - Softpedia .

Once that's done, you can add new visual styles to Windows XP by placing them in the c:\Windows\Resources\Themes\ directory.

Step five in the following article directs you to some places where you can download unsigned visual styles.

Watch using the Vista Transformation Pack. If you ever decide to get rid of it you are basically screwed.

I use WindowBlinds. It uses a tad of RAM, but that's it. As for what it can do for Windows, check it out:
WinCustomize: WindowBlinds Gallery

There is a free version of it.

I got windowblinds man, i downloaded a cough*cracked*cough version. Mr Torrence is your friend : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom