First time builder and have a crap load of questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think I'm gonna stick with nVidia even though the Radeon HD 3870 X2 sounds oh so nice, I think I just want to stick with 1 GPU 1 card and that will do fine for now... (I mainly wanna play UT3 :nerd: )

Alright, well one of my questions was never answered...

If I get the Antec 900 case (most likely will...) and get the OCZ GameXStream (nice long cables and 700 watt) the PSU fan will be aimed right at the GPU, will that possibly damage the GPU?

Thanks!
--Garrett
I think you completely ignored the fact that we suggested a different PSU over the GamerXStream... those PSU's have ripples on the 12v Rails, THATS BAD

I highly recommend the Corsair 520hx (and don't give me crap about Wattage being lower, when this PSU trounces the GamerXStream with more 12v rails [and stable ones at that])

even with the lower wattage it can still handle all your power supply needs. this is where most newer pc builders make their mistakes they think since they got this huge GPU or CPU that they need this uber large PSU wattage. really it all boils down to how many 12v Rails and how stable they are.

the 520Hx 620Hx and 550Vx are your optimal PSU's by Corsair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom