some new parts for my rig, with pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
So i got some good deals on some stuff for my rig, however i didn't get the 8800gts 512mb i wanted :/ but for $220 i couldn't turn down a 8800gt 512. anyways i don't have time to put it all together tonight but i thought i'd share some pics of them all packaged up. i will post some build pics tomorrow when i get some time to put it together.

P2081915.jpg

P2081916.jpg

I paid more for my 8800gt I bought it before the evga deal and because I wanted a black pcb. Unfortunately xfx is the only company that made one and I had to buy at a retail store to make sure the exact card had a black pcb.

And now you cant find them anywhere. Newegg and zzf have both changed to pics of green pcb's and my particular model isn't made at all.

yeah im actually going to try to paint it like yours :) lol if thats alright with you? any tips ??

lol, i just sold my 900 today. but anyway. get some fine or ultra fine steel wool if you can get it...or at least some 400 grit sandpaper...go over it really well..you can go straight to paint or put down some primer.

i used 98 cent walmart flat black...came out close to the color on the outside of the case.

lol, i just sold my 900 today. but anyway. get some fine or ultra fine steel wool if you can get it...or at least some 400 grit sandpaper...go over it really well..you can go straight to paint or put down some primer.

i used 98 cent walmart flat black...came out close to the color on the outside of the case.

nice nice, i was thinking about getting that case from you but i was like nah i shouldn't. next thing i know on a whim at 6:30 tonight i was like im going to microcenter and came back with a new case, psu, and gpu. so after i brought the case home and asked my dad for some spray paint he started to questio me, and turns out i guess he's just gonna take it into his shop sometime (he works at a Chevrolet dealership) and get one of the paint & body guys to prime it, ground it, and use some flat black on it and bake it in the car booth for me (shouldn't chip off or anything later on). lol just gotta take the thing apart now, but i will do some sanding before i give it to him.

tell me if you are selling your 7900gs, but nice upgrades man, you should post a benchmark difference

its already been up for sale for a couple of days. i will definitely try to do some benchmarks for the 2 :/ hopefully i can find the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom