8600GTS vs. HD 3850 (Value NOT Performence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
/me gets the feeling people are doing exactly what the OP asked them not to and valueing performance.

The 3850 is double the price of the 8600, and 8600 comes with a free game.

Of course its better...but is it TWICE as better?

/me gets the feeling people are doing exactly what the OP asked them not to and valueing performance.

Much more than twice better...

How does it cost double? It only cost $40 more after rebates, and screw the game, you can download it or buy it for $20. And its more than twice as powerful, two 8600gts in sli still cant beat an hd3850.

the hd3850 performs with an 8800gts 640mb (sometimes better), thats like a $300 card card, proof enough that the hd3850 is the best bang for the buck card currently out

but if you turn into a gamer soon, you're really going to regret not getting a hd3850, because it trounces any 8600 in terms of bang for the buck and Performance

but if you are getting an 8600gts, you might as well get a 7950gt or 7900gs instead, because they perform better

A game added on to a video card should not make you want to buy it... that game your most likely gonna stop playing after a little while but that card for most people they are planning on sticking with it for a good while.

Exactly, after researching benchmarks and FPS marks on test game i was convinced that the 8600gts XXX (XFX overclocked) was still crap. I was sucked in to believe it was good by there clever marketing of A) Overclocking it to make it seem better and B) Free games!.
Im definately going with the HD3850, i hope there is a price drop on them soon too.

you won't regret going with the 3850 if thats the max you can afford. i know i was looking to put together a budget gaming rig and i did with my system, and i love that card to death. i think i woke up one morning and it was making pancakes for me :p

not really, but its a phenomonal card and you can't go wrong with that card for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom