Seagate HDD jumper trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link -- some of that is a bit over my head though. :eek:

I currently have one hard drive in my computer, configured as Master, with the operating system on it. So I'd be adding this second one on the same primary IDE cable.

I've ignored jumpers before, and ran into lots of problems, so I'm just being careful here.

take a really clear closeup pic of what you did :D
busy work day...maybe I can figure out something on the weekend, unless someone else...or you do ;)

Okay, here's what's on the top face of the HDD. Other Seagates seem to use a similar graph.

250gb_seagate_jumper_config_guide.JPG

http://djendurance.ownageland.com/other_files/250gb_seagate_jumper_config_guide.JPG

aight
master drive...set master jumper
slave drive...remove jumpers
:D typically you can hang the jumper off of the master, like turning it 90-180 degrees so that one pin is on, just to keep the jumper from getting lost

here, for future reference :p
Seagate Technology - ATA Jumper Settings

you can experiment with cable select if you want...have to have the right cable

Cool, thanks!

I'll bookmark that page for future referance -- I'm always getting confused by different jumper setups on different types and brands of HDDs, lol. :rolleyes:

I got the disk in the computer now, and it auto configured itself as a slave, so everything's fine on that. :) But I'm having some trouble initializing it -- I'll post more on that in another topic.

Thanks for your help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom