Crysis Ultra High, New level of graphic intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a screenshot i took:
Crysissun.jpg

Well, here's a little comparison I did. This is at a res of 1680 x 1050.

The first screenshot is the original autoexec.cfg (standalone) that was posted awhile back.

dx9veryhigh.jpg

This is the mod in this thread. I put all the CVars into their places, set the settings to High, then placed the autoexec.conf into the Games folder, just as the ReadMe says.

dx9veryhigh2.jpg

And this is just DX10 on Very High.

dx10veryhigh.jpg

You can tell they greatly increased the textures by looking at the sidewalk on the bottom of the picture. You can also see that the standalone autoexec.conf that was posted in a thread awhile back looks just as good yet gives much better performance than this current config of CVars and autoexec.conf.

Next, I'll try the Natural Mod 2.0.

This is Natural Mod 2.0. It also gives pretty good performance, but it just looks overall brighter. I didn't notice much else.

dx9naturalmod20.jpg

Those screenshots do look nice. I see what you mean about the true atmosphere in the mountains and far distances. Looks pretty good. I'm going to try it out with some gameplay.

I played a PB server earlier with the mod installed and wasn't kicked by PB or anything, so hopefully PB doesn't see it as a hack like it does with modified CVars.

It's funny to think that photo-realism is actually within grasp, and now it's simply a matter of tweaking the crap out of our software to hit an image that really fits perfectly. Puts a whole new twist on game development. I'd say within 3 years we will have it pretty well figured out as far as new games being able to pass as real photos at low resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom