Computer freezing IRQL BSOD, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondish

Baseband Member
Hello my computer keeps freezing about 2 dozen times a day and normally It'll just freeze without even going to a BSOD but it just went to one and I got this IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and this STOP: (0x0000000A, 0x90A3EC0C, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X8051E0BC) code. I have 5 partitions on my HD, a vid card, sound card, USB KB, USB mouse, USB webcam and USB wireless ethernet. Also HD, RAM and vid card are brand new. ANY help would be MUCH appreciated, thanks!

Hello,

When does this occur? Have you made any significant hardware or software changes to your system, and if so, did this problem occur before such changes?

I haven't made any major Hardware or Software changes. The hardware in my rig is basically what It's always been, I had an ex room mate steal a few components out of it that I had to replace but I bought the same parts again. I had to replace the HD so I bought a new 160GB and when I reinstalled windows on this fresh HD it was freezing and crash-rebooting immediately, It's not a problem with the cpu chip or vid card I dont think because I've stress tested them both for 8-12 hours straight individually with no problems. I have 2 512MB Corsair RAMs in the mobo both are brand new from new egg along with the HD & vid card, thanks for the quick response!

My comp just crashed again and I rebooted it and went into the BIOS menu immediately and the temperature was CPU 118F, System 100F, PSU 118F. I haven't ran memtest yet but I'm going to let it run tonight when I go to bed and I'll post the results tomorrow. Also all the drivers are just the newest ones from the manufacturers & services are set to default since I thought that might've been the culprit but unfortunately wasn't that easy. I did update the BIOS but that was in an attempt to fix the problem after trying to trouble shoot it for several months, which didn't work and now STILL more months after that trying to trouble shoot it. I'd just take it to get fixed but I wouldn't learn any thing at all that way, although this is drivin me kinda insane. Thanks for the reply Metal.

Since about June/July 2007. I've spent plenty of entire days trying to learn new things to trouble shoot this my self just trying to use my head and Google but I've reached my limit and alas I've come to these forums. Although I wish I would've in the first place. I'm going to college in September for Computer Science & love to learn more and this is a great place to learn from with loads of knowledgable people! I'll feel great once I can solve this pandora's box of a problem. Also here's a thread with a little more info on this problem in the OS section http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/computer-keeps-freezing-help-please-166891/#post1303906 thanks for helping.

So what did you do around that time then? Install any new hardware? Update drivers? Yes, I know that is a long time ago, but something that you did back then obviously caused the problem, so it would help if you could remember.

Well the problem pretty much started right from the get-go. My comp ran fine and then ex-roommate stole HD/RAM/Vid card so I bought those parts new, installed them and then installed the OS and then maybe after about an hour it started crashing again. So I reformated the entire HD, read an extensive guide on how to set up your HD and install and everything like that totally sharp... so I made 5 Partitions for every diff thing with the PF at the front of the HD then OS on D: to be faster and avoid virus installs targeted at C: and had games then music then backup toward the back for the less accessed things. Anyway after all that BAM crash... AGAIN. So formatting didnt help F-all. I've got a new 40GB HD coming in the mail but I don't think It'll help... Just wishful thinking. Also when the computer freezes it usually makes this screeching sound come out of my head phones.

On second thought when it comes if this problem Isn't fixed by then I'm going to just back up my important data to that and reformat my entire 160GB HD and carefully watch it to see if something triggers it to crash, or hopefully It'll just work

UPDATE: Ok my computer just went BSOD again and I get a really interestingly long error message this time here it is:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0X000000D1 STOP: (0X00000060, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XF78CF4DF)
usbechi.sys - Address F78CF4DF base at F78CC000, Datestamp 41107d62.

Don't know what the **** that means so gonna try to do some trouble shooting on Google, hope this helps some.

usbechi.sys is needed to support USB2.0 High-Speed devices. It is in XP SP2, do you have that installed? You might want to try unplugging all usb devices, except for keyboard/mouse, and see if it still BSODs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom