Stuck in reboot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoneandonly

Beta member
After using the computer for 5 minutes this afternoon it shut down unexpectedly. When I tried to reboot it went past the Windows boot screen, showed the dreaded BSOD (much too fast to read though) and then shut down only to restart itself again.

I turned the "restart on system failure" option off so that I could read the BSOD. It says "SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" and the rest of the BSOD stuff.

I can't restart in "last known configuration" and safe mode also doesn't work. I tried to boot off the Windows XP cd but it asks me for a system recovery floppy that I dont have.

From what I've read is that a fresh install not always solves the problem but that really isn't the issue. My drives are RAID0'ed on 2 120gb Barracudas and none of the information is backed up....stupid of me I know....

What other options are there?

Could I buy another SATA drive and install a fresh copy of windows on that? And then access the info on the RAIDED Drives that way?

Thanks for the help. :snob:

Thanks for the link, I'm downloading it right now. I read through the different programs it has on it and I'm not totally sure which one I'm supposed to use.

If I can get the computer to boot past the splash screen, couldn't I use Windows Restore to go back to a point in time when it was working correctly?

Well I tried putting in another drive to attempt an install on a different drive.... About 5% into the installation of windows the computer rebooted and tried to boot normally. Obviously didnt work because there wasn't an OS installed.

What is the problem here? I know this the new drive is good because i pulled it out of a working computer. What other peice of hardware should I be checking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom