Problems loading games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

Solid State Member
Hello:

I'm having an issue with my computer, I have two software games one called lock on which is a flight simulator and the other is called Blackhawk down. When I try to play to play lock on the CD prompts me with a splash screen to play the game, I accept and from there the sound kicks in for the game but nothing is displayed on the screen. However if I try to start a second Instance of the game I will actually get kicked into the game and everything works just great. I have to then go out to the task manager and killl that first instance of the game which is now showing up as "not responding" otherwise with two instances of the game trying to run it uses up too many resources.

Same thing happens with the other game called blackhawk down.

I have updated my BIOS I have a P4 with 512 Megs of RAM with a
GForce 5200 128 mg graphics card.

any ideas? anyone heard of this happening before?

I just updated the Nvidia driver as per your suggestion, rebooted and I still get the same result. It doesn't make sense to me :(

As for your 'Lock on' game... i would try to uninstall the game, then clear out your Temp folder, delete the directory that the game was installed to and clean out your recycle bin.

Reboot. Shut down any AV software current running, and then re-install the game.

Which version of DirectX are you using?

Your welcome Spookie, i had a similar problem w/ TigerWood 2003 and that solution worked only for a short while before it started acting up again. I finally just got fed up w/ it and I promptly threw that POS software in the bin and kissed it goodbye.

Is better to close all Antivirus program that running while installing games of other software so that no conflict.
Moreover it can free more resources of your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom