Is it that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, im gonna be probably building a new rig soon but.. my friends pick on me about my computer how the speed is yuck! and that i should get something better. i mean to me it runs fast and surf the web and play the game i do just fine, but what do you guys think of it? its in my sig..

it's not horrible, but it is a bit dated. shoot I often use my AMD athlon xp3200/1gb pc2700 for the same uses. These days you can build a rig for fairly cheap. Give me a budget and I'll try to create something

It's not pathetic, but it is a bit behind what anyone could pick up at WalMart (sans the GFX). You can defintely do better on the cheap, as even today's lower-end parts would run your current setup in the dirt.

lets say a budget of 500-600 bucks...

EDIT: and btw sense my current rig is intel.. but my previous was AMD and liked it alot more better, it just seemed alot faster for some reason. so i think with a new rig i wanna go with AMD.

I hate to tell you, but intel has the speed advantage right now. I'm not sure which would give you the best bang for the least buck, though. I'll let some of the part-list wizards around here answer that one.

like they said, dated but not OMG ITS GOT AN INTERGRATED GRAPHICS CARD AND CANT EVEN RUN WINDOWS XP...

It's better then my old rig that i was using over the summer.

Intel Celeron 2.4 and fx5200, 40gb hd, floppy + cd drive, 150 psu i think, and no dvd drive, 1.5 GB ddrpc3200 <3

It played cs:s fine though :D

Well, a friend came up with this wishlist on newegg i think its pretty decent and in my budget around 647 shipped... and hes gonna put it all together for me whe it arrives... what do you guys think its AMD 5000+ which can be oc to 3000 ghz

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...?WishListNumber=4467609&WishListTitle=New+rig

Please whatever you do stay away from ECS mobo's I've had so many problems with them.

Btw an Intel e2140 which is 1.6 stock can be OC'd close to 3 on stock volts. but you have to get the m0 stepping for it to be successful.

Budget Build Changes:

Keep all your parts the same just swap in the new parts i recommended. With these new parts your PC will be better and cheaper :) cheers

The HDD I recommended is faster and more reliable. I've had lots of success and have heard a lot of success stories with Seagate HDD's.

HDD: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Mobo:Newegg.com - ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
HSF: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Please whatever you do stay away from ECS mobo's I've had so many problems with them.

Btw an Intel e2140 which is 1.6 stock can be OC'd close to 3 on stock volts. but you have to get the m0 stepping for it to be successful.

Budget Build Changes:

Keep all your parts the same just swap in the new parts i recommended. With these new parts your PC will be better and cheaper :) cheers

The HDD I recommended is faster and more reliable. I've had lots of success and have heard a lot of success stories with Seagate HDD's.

HDD: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Mobo:Newegg.com - ABIT IP35-E LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
HSF: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Thanks dawn, i know you guys say intel alittle faster, but really wanna go with AMD with this new rig, have intel on the one im on... my friend build is ok i guess and i agree with you i had a seagate 40GB HDD for over 4 years and it never went out... but with case i have is there anyway to get a Mobo+CPU and everything i need for no more then 550 or is it not possible... i like the LED fans though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom