anyone know that paper clip trick for 8 pin graphics cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Ok so i ordered the Sapphire HD 3870 x2 last night from newegg n i see the molex to 6 pin converter. Well, i thought the other converter was to 8 pin but i guess not after looking around google. So, i know that i dont need 8 pin unless i want to OC, but in matter fact is that i DO want to OC!

i came across this product:

6-Pin PCI Express to 8-Pin PCI Express 2 Adapter Cable - Sleeved Products Model: PCIE-PCIE2 [PCIE-PCIE2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

i asked myself, should i spend the money to those 'ppl' ive never heard about n get this or try that paper clip trick i saw a long time ago done by NosBoost300? He claimed it worked, so IF i get the HD 3870 x2 later today, ill try it. Idk how to or where to begin with just a paper clip. Any info on how to do this is much appreciated because im freakin out again!

my PSU has 2 x 6 pin connectors, n a third that is non-modular, idk y it wasnt mentioned on newegg but all i know is have a third 6pin connector that is non-modular.

EDIT:

wikihow doesnt have anything n for some odd reason i cant PM NosBoost300 either.

my PSU has 4 x 102v rails, 3 totally being used for fans n stuff; have one 12v rail left to use n interesting i found this on ebay a while back:

2 HD Molex to EPS 8 pin Power Adaptor Converter Cable - eBay (item 220162978960 end time Feb-18-08 13:43:08 PST)

says its for server boards, so idk if it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom