plasma stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
my system is in my sig the 7300LE in the 2nd pci-e slot, which im using to run my 42" plasma as a second monitor. Ive been sitting watching a film using VLC (iso file) on it full screen with only msn running but the film would not play smoothly and both cores were reading 100% usage and 40% memory usage. Anyone got any ideas why?

new symptom, swapped the screens round and ran the 20" on the 7300LE and it did exactly the same. Ive been told its because the cpu is having to do alot of the work for the 7300 regarding video compression and rendering where as the 7800gtx can do that itself?

I dont think the 7300 is capable of doing digital rendering for movies, so the cpu is having to do all the work. That would be my guess.

so therefore running any dvd on any computer with a 7300 will not play smoothly. i know the 7300le is the cheapest card nvidia do but comon it has to be able to play a video full screen smoothly??!!

You can probably go with a different card if you dont want the hdmi. Right now the only issues i'm having with my media rig is that my dvd player is being a pos. I have about 4 dvd's right now that it just wont freaking play. also i get a bit of tearing on the screen, but i think thats related to the dvd player also. Going to pull the burner out of my gaming rig at some point and put it in my media rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom